PresentationLike all parents, you want to provide your children with the best possible environment in which to develop their natural gifts, abilities and skills. We offer a choice of activities within a fun and engaging framework which your children will really enjoy, and which will contribute to their wellbeing.
Located in a typical Brussels house on avenue Legrand, the layout and organization of the indoor space, allows for excellent management of all the activities. Stepping Stones strives to provide quality activities by professionals united by a passion for children’s development and education!
The contents of the activities are adapted for each child as well as for the different age levels. The children have the opportunity to experience new activities, relating to their capacities and interests. For the activities to go ahead we simply require a minimum of eight children.
We also offer hot meals prepared by a caterer using only the best organic produce.
All parents who are interested in finding out more will be welcome to come and visit us from September 2015. Visits will be by appointment only.
We look forward to hearing from you!
InformationsEXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES: WEDNESDAY AFTER SCHOOL WORKSHOPS AND HOLIDAY CAMPS - FOR ALL CHILDREN INTERESTED!
Stepping Stones offers “Wednesday after School Workshops”, and “Holiday Camps”, which are run by experienced, passionate French and/or English speaking teachers for children aged 3 to 9 years of age!
Registration for these activities can be done throughout the year via our website.
WEDNESDAY ACTIVITIES FOR 2016-2017
Timetable: 12.30pm to 4pm. Fees: Payable annually and by card, 35 euros per afternoon + 5 euros for a hot meal. There is a special rate for children attending the Maternelle at 28 euros per afternoon.
Topic: English by immersion – themed activities (3-6 years), and Introduction to Spanish, group activities (7-9 years). Please note that Spanish classes start at the beginning of the school year and follow the academic calendar. We also offer private lessons in French for children aged 7-9, as well as private lessons in reading using la méthode des alphas for children aged 5 and 6.
HOLLIDAY CAMP FOR 2016-2017
Stepping Stones strives to provide quality activities for children aged 3 to 9 years old by professionals united by passion for children's development and education.
The contents of the activities are adapted for each child as well as for the different age levels. The children have the opportunity to experience new activities, relating to their capacities and interest.
-Music: musical initiation for age 5-7 and 8-9 years old, improvisation training courses and play
-Psychomotricity and Body Expression for 3 to 6 years old
-Dance: training course, choregraphic improvisation for 7-9 years old
Alice Tiezzi offers1. Psychomotricity and Body Expression Camp for the 3 to 6 year olds (half-day or full day)
A place to jump, turn, climb, roll, sing, distress; a time to play and grow in self-respect and respect for others: we will begin each morning with a psychometric session, in which the little ones will be able to use their energy as they wish. Then, we will channel this enthusiasm in a body expression class in which body awareness and movement will be learnt through small exercises and musical/spatial awareness games. And to finish, a creative activity! The children will create their own dramatization of a tale dancing to the music of a symphonic composition. So that the magic is complete, we will together achieve small artistic works which will help us to plunge into the atmosphere of our creation…
2-training course of dance and choreographic improvisation for the 7 to 9 years in complete day
For the older ones, contemporary dance! Each day, the children will have the opportunity to learn about and explore this discipline and its benefits; to learn about space in relation to the body, harmony and fluidity. Then they will have the freedom to use their imaginations to give form to a choreography inspired by a topic suggested by the teacher. We will choose our music, our characters, our story; we will create our steps for a completely new work! Will we need stage designs or costumes? Do not panic: we will also be running an artistic workshop!
5 day musical initiation camp (half days) for 5-7 and 8-9 year old:“Music is made together!” with Henri Greindl
This is geared towards children without preliminary musical practice or beginners in music.
The activities include:
· Learning about the various instruments which I play myself (base guitar and base instruments of all types, percussion, keyboard, recorder, accordion) through a mini performance of 15-20 minutes each day of the training course (different each day!) (Optionally: a special guest to be invited to present the instruments which I do not play: wind, cords…)
· Recognition Quiz of the instruments in question (oral/audio) using recordings and playing the instruments whilst hiding behind a curtain.
· Learning about the families of instruments through listening to examples of the various musical instruments (with and without video). Recognition Quiz of the instruments (oral) using recordings.
· Learning about different styles of music (traditional, popular, improvised, traditional…)
Active (for all):
· Basic techniques for playing small percussion instruments.
· Making small instruments from recycled materials (plastic bottles, pieces of wood, paper, cardboard…)
· Sounds of the body: voice (onomatopoeias, songs), percussion…
· Introduction to rhythm: following a beat: playing together.
· Musical games in groups: dialogues, relay, “questions and answers” with the instruments, telling a story with sounds.
· Directed collective improvisation.
· Preparation of a mini group performance.
Active (for those which play already of an instrument - a priori rather for the ages, 8-9 years):
· The children bring the instrument they are learning to play and I will compose/arrange a repertory of pieces relating to the levels and capacities of each child, which we will develop as a group.
· Following a beat, introduction to rhythm: playing together.
· Musical games in groups: dialogues, relay, “questions and answers” with the instruments, to tell a story with sounds.
· Directed collective Improvisation.
· Preparation of a mini group performance.